Our Little Angel

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Two Years

How is it possible that we've been plugging along for 2 years without our little angel? In some ways it is a distant memory. I struggle to remember the sweet newborn smell of Tri.stan's hair and the weight of him in my arms.

In other ways, a vivid photograph brings back the sweet and somber feelings as if it were yesterday and there is no way that 24 months have passed.

We have been able to meet such amazing and beautiful people through this whole experience and I could not trade them for anything.

On Trista.n's Birthday/ Angel Anniversary, we were surrounded by friends and family as we shared Tris.tan with them through his videos and pictures. I loved that our friends who have come to us because of this experience were able to get a sense of that day through the hundreds of pictures we have.

After the video we did a balloon release, which I wish we could have had pictures for, but no one had a camera that would capture the image in the dark. We stuck green, blue, and yellow glow sticks into white balloons and let them go after the sun set. We were able to watch them float into the twilight blue until you couldn't distinguish them from the stars. It was beautiful.

Since then, I have seen Tangled (I know I am behind the times) and when they let the lanterns go for the lost princess I totally thought of our glowing balloons- for our lost prince!

2 comments:

  1. Wish I could have been there with you guys. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending love your way to your little angel. What a sweet family you are. <3

    ReplyDelete